Forum Home Forum Home > Expression Web > Expression Web CSS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to expression web help - thank you for joining us.

Transparent backgrounds for text?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transparent backgrounds for text?
    Posted: 13 Nov 2006 at 4:00am
Hi Guys,
I have previously used MS proprietary "behaviors" to produce transparent background and opaque text which (previously) display/s/ed in IE as a background image effect, but which I have now learnt, breaks XHTML and CSS compliance.
As I wish to move my site www.lotechsolutions.com to standards compliance, I ask of you, is there a CSS standards compliant equivalent to MS behaviors (for text opacity and transparency) as described above?
Sponsored Links

jimd View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2006 at 8:24am
Hi Col
This page contains an image of a template that uses transparent image
Somewhere on my wet-inc site is a transparent template that uses nothing but CSS and html! It was based on css 3 and not valid at the time of writing 12 months ago - so i will if this helps you dig out the code and post it here. Let me know.
JIM

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2006 at 3:18pm
Hi Jim,
Thanks for the reply.
It's not images, but text I wish to make transparent.

I haven't searched on this subject yet, but thought I could save some time if someone in the forum has already done it with CSS (without using MS behaviors). Geek

Any offers?
jimd View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2006 at 10:43pm
Yes i have some info on this and will dig it out in a couple of days.
JIM
jimd View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2006 at 11:01am
OK i hope this helps.
Transparent Text
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2006 at 5:14am
Hey, thanks for that Jim.
Is that CSS standard compliant?
jimd View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2006 at 5:34am
I had no issues show in EW but have just tried to validate it and cannot, not due to validity but lazyness on my part!
I will fix these issues and test again but the best thing is just make up a page using the effect and them test it with w3 or other validity checkers.
JIM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic