Forum Home Forum Home > Expression Web > General Expression web problems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to expression web help - thank you for joining us.

Microsoft Expression Development Server

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Just starting out
Just starting out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlben1949 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Microsoft Expression Development Server
    Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 1:25pm
I have Windows 10. When I have my Expression Web open, then open a webpage file, and then click on the button to see it on the Microsoft Expression Development Server, it comes up nicely in my browser. I then can click on different links and move around the pages of my website. However, if I click on a link to one of my four form pages (ASPX), I get the code rather than the actually page the viewer should see. 

However, if I open the form page itself first and then click on the Microsoft Development Server to see what it looks like, I am able to see the actual page (not the code).

Is this normal?

Honestly, I never noticed this before, and now my fear is that if a make a modification to one of my form pages and upload it, then the viewer might just get the code rather than the actual page he is supposed to see.

Thank you for your help.
Sponsored Links

jimd View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 6:07pm

Hey sorry for the delayed reply.

Does your host provide windows server. ASPX is windows only HTM?HTML will run on any server.

JIM

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic