Forum Home Forum Home > Expression Web > General Expression web problems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to expression web help - thank you for joining us.

Can only open one page

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Just starting out
Just starting out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wonway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can only open one page
    Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 11:03am
Recently when I try to open a second page I get the following:
The URL'/puplic-html/page name.htm is not a full URL. EW than closes and I have to reopen site I can than open the page that would not open before. Again same problem if I try to open a second page. Previously I could open as many pages as I wanted. What is causing EW from not accepting a second page URL.
Sponsored Links

tcertain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcertain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 12:44pm
If you are accessing your live url via EW, not a good idea. You should have all your pages on your computer and then publish to your server.
That being said - I am assuming you have misspelled the url because it should say public_html and that is only if you are try to access via EW as a live page. The complete url should read:
http://yourdomainName.com/page name.htm
EW transcribes your urls into real live urls when it publishes and only when it publishes the page for the first time. Then you will see relative urls in your pages and those are the correct urls that work with your server.
TCertain
"The Truly Educated Never Graduate" - Author Unknown
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic