Forum Home Forum Home > Expression Web > General Expression web problems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to expression web help - thank you for joining us.

Template links getting dropped

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Learning Fast
Learning Fast

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lyndale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Template links getting dropped
    Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 6:39pm
I have numerous websites and sometimes find when I change a template (.dwt) I pay attention to the number of fils it's attached to and how many get updated.  Occasionally one or two won't take the change for one reason or another (especially the landing page index.htm or index.html file) unless I have it open when I save the .DWT file.  I can live with that.

Lately I've noticed several pages attached to a .dwt file have all the .dwt code but it's no longer highlighted and doesn't get updated. It's like the page(s) were disconnected from the template.

I wind up having to create a new, temp page, attach the template, then copy the editiable regions from the original page and save it back to the original file's name.

Why would random files get detached from a template? This morning I even had a template 'lose' all the Editable code regions - all the code was there but no 'green' editiable breakouts.
Dale - Admin ChevelleStuff.net
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic