Forum Home Forum Home > Welcome to expression web forum > Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to expression web help - thank you for joining us.

Hello...Newbie Here...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Just starting out
Just starting out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charm222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello...Newbie Here...
    Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 3:26am
Hi!

My name is Charlotte, and I'm a stay-at-home wife, Mother, and Nana from Texas. 

I really don't know where to start.  I have Expression Web, but I cannot for the life of me determine which version it is.  I've searched the internet, but nothing is helping.  Now...since my computer guy has upgraded me to Windows 10 - which I hate - my Expression won't publish. 

I'm being told by everyone I talk to to go with something like Notepad ++, but I have no idea how to use something like this.  I started my web pages years ago with Front Page, then moved on to Expression, and now I feel totally lost.  I can't publish anything now.

Does anyone have any suggestions, advice, etc...?  Are you still using Expression?  Or have you found something new and easy to use? 

I'm okay at html, but CSS is - excuse the "expression" - kicking my butt!  It scares me!  I know I probably sound pretty stupid to most of you, but I'm an old dog trying to learn new tricks!

Thanks for listening! Smile

Charlotte
Charm222
Sponsored Links

tcertain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcertain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 10:24am
Hi,
The first thing you need to do is make sure you have Expression Web 4, it is free at microsoft.com
The second is make sure you get the latest updates and security patches. These give you the latest .NET updates.

Then I have a starter book that is free to everyone to get you started with EW. The tutorials were written when EW2 was new, but if you look in the toolbar in EW you will be able to find almost everything I used in the tutorial.

Free download - http://certainwebdesign.com/Tutorials/tutorials_for_expression_web.htm
I will tell you though that MS has not updated anything in more than a year, but we are always here to help
TCertain
"The Truly Educated Never Graduate" - Author Unknown
Charm222 View Drop Down
Just starting out
Just starting out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charm222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 4:08pm
Thank you!  I really appreciate your help!  But my computer guy and Go Daddy are telling me that Expression - any version - is no longer compatible with Windows 10.  That's what worries me.  Obviously, there's no support being offered for it anymore either.  Is anyone here using anything else now other than Expression?

Thanks again! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic