Forum Home Forum Home > Expression Web > Expression web tutorials help section
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to expression web help - thank you for joining us.

Need help - just started with EW4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Just starting out
Just starting out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stokkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help - just started with EW4
    Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 7:39pm
Hi all

For years I've been building website with a bucket  and spade, going through from pre FrontPage even, right up to FP2003 and now my host has suggested I changeas they are soon to cease supporting FP Extensions, though I hardly ever used them.

So, after a little try out on EW2, I had an admin on here suggest I download EW4, which I have done and now I have hit my first brick wall. I have started to follow the tutorial, "How do you make a website with Expression Web?"  And here I am into only the second paragraph and the mystery tour has started! I opened a new one page web site and followed the instructions "Click- Task Panes > Reset work space layout."  So, I spent the next half hour trying to find it and it ain't there! I take it that the example image in the instructions is from an earlier edition of EW., because there is no "Task Panes" on my toolbar.

Now what do I do? Answes NOT on a postcard, please, because I want to get on with a site ASAP. Always got away without CSS too!  Big smile

Sponsored Links

Stokkers View Drop Down
Just starting out
Just starting out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stokkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 1:40pm
Spent a hell of a lot of time, trying to work this one out. Seems like my version is different to the res. All the screenshots  I have checked out, all have the Task Panes link in the same place, but, for reasons better known to Microsoft, mine says " Panels" where all the rest say Task Panes. Anyway. Seem to have worked it out and that now leaves my to find the next stumbling block. Trouble with me, is that I haven't got the patience or time to learn  and have to do something and then find out how to do it.

Thanks for reading through.
tcertain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcertain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 3:12pm
Sorry for late reply. When those tutorials were written it was early EW2. I had at that point spent 3 months, 7 days a week, trying to figure out all the nuances of EW, so I sympathize. I was a FP convert also. And was in the early days of my web design business. There was little on EW at that time and what was there was so confusing as to be useless. So I am sorry.
TCertain
"The Truly Educated Never Graduate" - Author Unknown
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic