Forum Home Forum Home > The tea room > Helping each other
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to expression web help - thank you for joining us.

Appearance and Layout issues with Expression 4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Just starting out
Just starting out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BroJason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Appearance and Layout issues with Expression 4
    Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 6:30pm
I have been using Expression Web 2 for many years. I used FrontPage before that. Recently I moved to Windows 10 and now Expression 2 is not compatible with Win10. I installed Expression 4 and I am now struggling with the way a file appears in design mode. If I open any of my previous work (made in Expression 2) it appears to be all moved around and formatted differently. If I preview it in a browser it looks correct. However, it's table and cell sizes and some font sizes are all different when in design mode. I played with the resolution setting in the bottom right of the screen but that just changes the view of the same exact layout. Help if you can...
Sponsored Links

tcertain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcertain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 8:38am
Go to Tools > Page Editor Options > Authoring
uncheck all the boxes in the right (Under Add BOM)
Make sure your settings for the Doctype are set to the same on both of them. Otherwise you see lots of errors.
And last of all - turn the computer completely off and on again.
If all of this does not make EW right, download this little program and run it. Its a jewel for fixing EW.
http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/ew4.htm
TCertain
"The Truly Educated Never Graduate" - Author Unknown
BroJason View Drop Down
Just starting out
Just starting out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BroJason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 6:47pm
Thank you for the suggestion...However, it made no difference. Any new ideas? Anyone else no how to fix this issue?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic