Forum Home Forum Home > Affiliate Marketing with Expression web > The basics of affiliate marketing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to expression web help - thank you for joining us.

Getting the Conversions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gooffiliate Gold
Gooffiliate Gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjaks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting the Conversions
    Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 9:44am
Okay, this is not an EW question but related to affiliate marketing.

I keep a pretty close eye on my Google Analytics but I'm not really sure what to do with some of the information I find.

I check my visitors almost everyday and only look at the previous day or days that I've missed. The things I look at most are: Source, Keyword, and Landing page. Something has been showing up pretty regularly and I'd like to learn how to capitalize on it. 

There is a keyword/phrase that shows up almost every time I check. The landing page is usually one of two related pages. Both pages are articles I posted but I'm not getting any conversions. Sometimes the bounce rate for these keywords is 100% other times it is not. 

The keywords are all related to "ground covers" but most include "evergreen" or "ground cover for slopes" or some combination or variation of these words.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links

tcertain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcertain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 11:18am
Tjaks,
Lots of people are still in the throws of winter and they are just looking not buying. But in a word, ground covers is way too broad a keyword and you are competing with a huge base. I am sending you a couple of emails with some explanations of the numbers, try them out and see if it doesn't help you understand better about using long tail keys
TCertain
"The Truly Educated Never Graduate" - Author Unknown
tjaks View Drop Down
Gooffiliate Gold
Gooffiliate Gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjaks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 1:35pm
I looked at your email and am still a bit confused. Where did you go for the information you sent. 

As for Ground Covers being my keyword I was only pointing out that I am getting traffic from those variations more than most other keywords shown in GA. These are not keywords I chose but what someone had actually typed in. 

I'll take a look at trying some different things to see if I can boost traffic.  
tjaks View Drop Down
Gooffiliate Gold
Gooffiliate Gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjaks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 9:11am
I made some changes to the keywords in meta data on 3 related pages. I looked for the ones with the higher PBR values.

3 out of 5 visitors yesterday landed on one of these 3 pages. Keywords were not provided in GA. 
jimd View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 9:33am
I would capitalise with a text link going straight  to the merchant product if you can squeeze in a couple of links to different merchants. People click text links!
JIM
tjaks View Drop Down
Gooffiliate Gold
Gooffiliate Gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjaks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 11:15am
Renewing this conversation. 
I've been busy and not checking much of anything. Mostly trying to get thegardenswap moved and running. Hopefully that is done now.

Today I was checking my web traffic from January 1. I have about 85 that came from pinterest and all landed on the same page. It was an article in the article archive file so now I'm wondering how to add links to this since it is probably a reprint and done in xml. 

There is a second page that is also an article that has come up frequently for a long time. 

I can add some special links before or after the article but not sure I can get anything within the text of the articles.
tcertain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcertain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 3:25pm
If I remember correctly, all those xml files wrote to a folder called Articles. Look in there and see if you can edit in the page.
TCertain
"The Truly Educated Never Graduate" - Author Unknown
tjaks View Drop Down
Gooffiliate Gold
Gooffiliate Gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjaks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 10:40pm
All the articles were stored in the articles folder. Each page had it's own xml file with the actual article built into it in parts. I'm not sure changing them would not be violating copyrights. 
jimd View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 1:00pm

God I have a hard job remembering the set up tbh! Could you not drop an ad or ad rotator into the xml control?

tjaks View Drop Down
Gooffiliate Gold
Gooffiliate Gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjaks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 3:38pm
Not remembering all the set up is part of my problem also. The other issue is working with xml in VS. I always seem to be going back to EW when it comes to xml files.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic