Forum Home Forum Home > Welcome to expression web forum > You HAVE to read this!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to expression web help - thank you for joining us.

Forum LockedWEB HOSTING - Who do we trust?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: WEB HOSTING - Who do we trust?
    Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 11:15am
I would strongly urge expression web users to buy windows hosting. You will get better mileage from expression web on windows servers, it opens up all the goodies in the asp.net tool box too.
So from our own experiences of many years hosting webs sites who are the best windows hosting providers? And at this point you should note that all services deal locally/nationally and globally.
In no particular order.
http://www.busybird.co.uk - Speak to Nick if you can, the MD.

www.parcom.net - Crazy Dave's your man, the owner - No longer recommended!!!!! The business has been sold and service has gone downhill!

www.webwiz.co.uk - Bruce the owner
www.ixwebhosting.com - used by some here - i dont have a contact

The first 3 are all big players but care enough that you can communicate with the owners

I am not affiliated to any of the above - just personal recommendations from many years of excellent service.

***This is a closed topic to stop idiot spammers adding useless hosting links to it.***

Edited by jimd - 24 Jan 2016 at 12:05pm
Sponsored Links

tcertain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 8:28pm
Jim,
I am officially putting ixhosting.com on the do not recommend unless they do some serious fixing of my site being scraped and used on their own servers.  Whoever wendao123.com belongs to (somebody in china) have stolen my design and (jim) all your hard work and put it right back on my "own dedicated server" as their own with a different domain name.  When you put in my server id- 173.83.165.102 - they come up as the owner. This is my dedicated server # at ixhosting  So all of you need to go enter your server number and see what comes up.  The number is in your acct info

Do not use IXHOSTING.com - those that have already got sites there - beware that your site is up for grabs from unscrupulous people and will steal your search engine results.  I am surprised google has not noticed this and wrote me a nasty letter about duplicate content.
TCertain
"The Truly Educated Never Graduate" - Author Unknown
tcertain View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 11:44am
Well I got a notice that IXHosting was doing some maintenance from midnight to 4am . They said that the server I was on was in less that ideal condition (understatement!) It is 6:30am and I said to myself " Well lets see how well they fixed it this time, cause the last time they said they fixed it didn't do anything, and yesterday it was running slow as molasses."

I went to my site and it came up so fast it scared me!  So if you are on IX Hosting and got this notice I hope your site is equally upped its performance cause it is fast!

Now comes the hard part, seeing if it stays this way.  I will definitely change my tune if it does!
TCertain
"The Truly Educated Never Graduate" - Author Unknown
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic