Join our community
- Expression web tabbed menus
- Expression Web Forum
- Expression web resources
- Build Expression Web Template 1
- Build Expression Web template 2
- Build Expression Web Template 3
- Style horizontal Navigation with CSS
- Style vertical menu with CSS
- Style the main content area
- Style the footer
- Centre a page
- Build Expression Web DWT Tutorial
- Graphic Template example
- Free Expression Web Templates
- Add RSS to Expression Web
- Expression web forms
- RSS feeds
- 10 Tips
- Page includes
- Insert flash in expression web
- Expression web dropdown menu
- Use XML with Expression Web
- Point and click easy drop-down menu's
- Table Based Layouts
- ASP.NET Ad Rotator
- Display Data
- Search database using a text box
- Transparent Text
- Bold text - Formatting
- Date and time
- Who are you
Why does all my text go bold in Expression Web?
If when you click on the bold button, all the surrounding text goes bold also, then you are working in a manual style application.
It very easy to overcome this issue, simply by double clicking on 'style application' at the very bottom of expression web and changing it to auto.
It is also and idea, to change the way that bold text is rendered.
<b></b> this is a bold tag and text inside of that tag will indeed be bold. However this only serves a presentational purpose. <strong></strong> will also bold your text but it has semantic meaning as well.
Changing bold and italic to strong and em.
Simply click on the tools menu in the tool bar and click on page editor options from the dropdown list, check the check box that says, 'Use <strong> and <em> when using bold and italic toolbar buttons.
Hopefully, you will now understand how to stop expression web bolding the whole paragraph instead of the selected text.
Please remember, working with auto style application is by far the easiest way to use expression web.
A simple short flash tutorial is available here.